he fortified manor house in Sucha was erected by Kasper Castiglione after 1554, when he took over the Sucha estate. It was not an impressive building and when it became the property of the Komorowski family, they decided to expand their residence around 1614. Thanks to the efforts of Piotr Komorowski, who entrusted the works to Paweł Baudarth, a castle in the Renaissance style was built here.
It is located in the fork of Skawa and Stryszawka. The original manor house has been preserved in the south-eastern corner, embedded in the southern wing of the castle.
In the seventeenth century, the castle was in the hands of the Wielopolski family. At the beginning of the 18th century, Anna Wielopolska née Lubomirska expanded the complex, which has survived in this form to the present day. The castle
The oldest part of the complex, photo by ZeroJeden, VI 2006
was restored several times, but this did not change its appearance.
During the eighteenth and twentieth centuries, apart from the Wielopolski family, it belonged to the Branicki and Tarnowski families.
The irregular castle complex has four towers and three wings surrounding a vast arcaded courtyard. There are loggias at the west wing. Adjacent to the castle is a park planned in the eighteenth century, in which many valuable specimens of old trees have been preserved to this day.