
Dodatki
h

e seat of the Dobrzyń princes was erected in Rypin probably in the late period of the reign of Władysław Dobrzyński. Before 1411, it belonged to the Teutonic Knights, later it was given to the princes. In the deed of transfer, the seat was called Haus.
Neither the castle nor even its traces have survived to this day, and there are no historical records that could help to reconstruct the complex. Leszek Kajzer, taking into account the small size of the village and the small financial capabilities of the then rulers, believes that it could have been a manor house on a plot near the market square. It probably consisted of a brick house and wooden auxiliary buildings. Such a hypothesis may be supported by the prince's probable participation in the construction of the brick defensive perimeter
|
|
View from the south, photo by ZeroJeden, VI 2008 |
|
of the city, which further strained his financial capabilities.