he castle in Ruda Śląska was erected in the fourteenth century. In 1401, it belonged to the Rudzki brothers.
In the first half of the seventeenth century, during the Thirty Years' War, the building was seriously damaged and a mention from a document from 1665 already mentions a dilapidated castle. Later, the castle began to be renovated and in 1754 the castle chapel was already open.
During the next modernization, the castle was transformed into a palace, which survived until the Second World War. During the war, it was damaged, and then deprived of conservation care, it completely fell into disrepair. Only foundations 2-3 meters thick have survived to this day.