he ruins of the knight's castle on the Castle Hill consist of the walls of the foundations, the remains of the tower and the bridge pillar. The castle was built by Zbigniew Oleśnicki at the beginning of the 15th century on the site of another castle, which was built in the same place in the 14th century. The fifteenth-century castle was erected on a regular plan. At the end of the 16th century, it belonged to the Myszkowski family, who around 1600 expanded it in the late Renaissance style
The castle in Pińczów in a drawing by Antoni Oleszczyński from 1860
and fortified it with fortifications. The army of Charles Gustav occupied the castle in 1655. In the eighteenth century, it was in the hands of the Wilopolski family. Abandoned, it fell into decline and in the nineteenth century it was demolished.