he castle was built around the mid-fourteenth century on the site of an earlier fortified settlement. Until the nineties of the fourteenth century, it was in the hands of the von Tshirn family. At the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries, it belonged to the starosta of the Duchy of Świdnica-Jawor, Jan von Seidlitz.
In the years 1611-1616, the castle was rebuilt under the rule of Sigismund von Zedlitz. However, already in 1667, during the Thirty Years' War, the renovated building was destroyed. During the reconstruction after the fire of 1742, the castle was changed into a Baroque residence designed by architect Fischer von Erlach. The reconstruction was completed on October 18, 1746.
In 1806, the castle was occupied by Napoleon's army. In 1848, as a result of the execution of the will of
Julius Schonrock's mid-nineteenth-century lithograph from Albert Duncker's portfolio
Charlotte Frederica, the castle became the property of Rudolf von Salisch, her cousin. Until World War II, the residence remained in the hands of this family. After the war, the building deteriorated as a result of improper use by the State Agricultural Farm. In the nineties, after a thorough renovation, a hotel found a place in it.