n the fork of the Warta and Odra rivers, there are walls of the ground floor of the Teutonic castle. It was erected in the fourteenth century by the Knights of St. John in the place of the stronghold of the Silesian Piasts. From the fifteenth century, it was within the borders of Germany, it was expanded on a regular plan, at the corners reinforced with towers. Later, it was surrounded by bastion fortifications. During the Seven Years' War in 1758,
Castle in the 20s of the twentieth century
it was destroyed, later rebuilt in 1814 and adapted for barracks. It was destroyed again at the end of the last war in 1945.