he castle in Dąbrowica was erected by the Firlej family at the beginning of the fifteenth century, who were its owners until 1737. In 1553, Piotr Firlej began the reconstruction of the castle, which was completed in 1565 by his son Mikołaj. It was expanded again in the years 1593-1598 by Jan or Mikołaj Firlej.
In the years 1610-1630, the castle was rebuilt by Anna Ponętowska née Firlej into a two-winged palace. During this reconstruction, the northern wing was added to the old castle west wing, and the courtyard from the east and south was closed with a curtain wall. At the corners of the complex, two octagonal towers were built - from the north-west and south-east. The castle had two floors and was topped with an attic. In 1694, the palace was damaged by fire, and at the beginning of the eighteenth century it was destroyed.
The last of the Firlej family to be the owner of Dąbrowica was Marianna Sapieżyna, later the castle passed through the hands of the Liniewskis, Janiszewskis, Potockis and Lingenau. In the nineteenth century, the castle towers were demolished, and the castle itself was parceled out and sold.