Castles of Poland
Update2025-06-17

Castle in Czocha

 (Czocha • Tzschocha • Czajków) 

blankTrip (You need to log in )blanktlo


t he castle is located on a high granite rock on the left bank of the Kwisa River. The first known mention comes from 1329; at that time, until 1346, the castle remained in the hands of Duke Henry of Jawor. After that year, the castle passed to the Czech Crown and became a fief of the Silesian knightly families. The construction of the castle, built by the Dukes of Świdnica-Jawor, is associated with the annexation of the eastern lands of Upper Lusatia, the so-called Kwisa district (castles: Czocha, Leśna and Świecie to Silesia. The castle was rebuilt in the first half of the 16th century, and burned down in 1793. At the beginning of the 20th century, the castle was rebuilt according to the design of Bodo Ebhard. This reconstruction makes it impossible to accurately analyze the original layout. It should be assumed that the castle was built on a quadrangular plan with a round tower incorporated into the walls, preserved to this day.









Serwis wykorzystuje technologi? cookie w celu uprzyjemnienia u?ytkowania.